I wasn't really sure what I wanted to bring this time. The group tries to eat healthy.
But I kept thinking about making vegan brownies. Brownies are my FAVORITE dessert, but I've never made them vegan. So earlier today, I found a recipe on My Vegan Planet that I thought was worth checking out.
The result: gooey, rich chocolate heaven.
Here's how. First, you need to gather:
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Pour in water, vegetable oil and vanilla; mix until well blended. Spread evenly in a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
It's so easy! Thank you, Jade of My Vegan Planet!