Good news is that I'm settling quite nicely into my new place in Roland Park. There's so much space that it reminds me of being on vacation. You know you've "made it" when you have your own dressing room. Haha. The old place in Mt. Washington is still a mess, but there's still time to get it in good shape. It's incredible when I think of how much crap I accumulated over the past four years of living at the old place. Feather boas. Receipts from 2007. Half-blank notebooks. Undersized t-shirts. Mysterious bottles of vodka. ...
My almost-30 or 29th birthday is coming up in a few weeks. I remember having heard in my early 20s that by the time I made it to 30 that things would change. You know you're reaching 30 when:
- You would much rather have a nice, quiet dinner with friends rather than a wild night at the bar.
- You contemplate not having a birthday celebration at all because staying home on a Friday night to veg on the couch is so much more appealing after a long work week.
- You realize that you can't go out as much as you used to. After 2 or 3 drinks you're done and ready for bed!
- You actually consider having a brunch during the day on your birthday.
- You don't enjoy Chinese food as much as you used to because it has an inconsistent way of disagreeing with you.
- You can't seem to stomach going back to the old dives you used to hang out at because you enjoy going places with clean toilet seats and freshly washed tables.
- You view turning 21 as equally as young as when you turned 18.